Ports used during TopView operation
TopView can utilize a number of ports to perform its job, configure your firewall to allow communication over the following ports:
- Data source related ports
- Notification-related ports
- Any ports used for SMTP
- POP, default 110, if incoming email retrieval is active
- IMAP ports, if incoming email retrieval is active
- Voice notification via VOIP:
- SIP port (TCP):
- The SIP port is where the VOIP client and server negotiate call details.
- 5060 TCP is the default for SIP communication (sometimes 5061). The SIP port can be configured in TopView.
- Media ports (UDP): these ports are where the VOIP call audio communication takes place.. Media ports used during a call are negotiated by the client and server via the SIP protocol.
- The default for TopView, and typical range, is 10000-20000. This range is configurable in TopView.
- Any ports configured in TopView for SNMP communication
- Remote Viewer ports
- Each Engine sets a port for Remote Viewer communication. This port is configured by the user.
- By default, TopView is set for Remote Viewer communication over port 6150, but you will need to open the Remote Viewer port in your firewall for each TopView Engine leveraging Remote Viewer.
- Backup / Failover ports (TopView 6.37 and later versions)
- The TCP Watchdog server can be hosted over a user-configured port.
Bulk edit TopView Services
TopView provides a command line tool called the "TopView Service Manager" (tvservicemgr.exe) to query and manipulate the settings for TopView services. This tool is useful when you want to list, remove, or install services with common settings for ...
Counting points for TopView license
The TopView license is based on a point count - the number of points monitored by TopView. You can run multiple TopView configurations (The TopView Window, Alarm and Notification Engine) at the same time. The total points in use is the sum of the ...
Use Gmail for TopView email notification
The following information provides details on using Gmail with TopView for both outgoing email (Notification) and incoming email (Alarm Acknowledge and information requests). TopView supports SSL/TLS for both outgoing and incoming email (for TopView ...
TopView and Virtual Machines
Virtual machines, or virtual servers, are commonly used by TopView customers. There are no known problems or issues running TopView on virtual computers/servers. The only limitation or potential problem may be the virtual machines ability to access ...
Windows patches and TopView
Windows patches affect TopView operation. To ensure TopView runs successfully after a Windows patch, we recommend the following during the patching process: Shut down TopView Engine services before Windows patches Apply the Windows patch After the ...