How to: Move the TopView DataPath
During the TopView installation, the user selects a location for the TopView DataPath. The TopView DataPath is a folder (and sub-folders) where the users of TopView have read/write permission.
The DataPath stores configuration information, logs, audit trail, and possibly reports.
In some cases, the user may want to move the location of DataPath and preserve the information that already exists in DataPath. Reasons may include:
- IT required changes to selected location
- Desire to move DataPath to a file server in order to share the DataPath between a primary and fail-over TopView computer.
Steps for moving DataPath from folder DP1 to DP2
To view the current DataPath (DP1), select Start > Programs > Exele TopView > More > Open DataPath folder.
1. Copy all data files to the new location
- Stop all TopView Engine instances and TopView applications
- Copy all files and subfolders from DP1 to DP2
2. Change the data path in TopView's configuration file
3. Update any settings that may still point to the previous data path
- Run the TopView Configurator
- Select "Configuration files" from the left menu
- The "Current storage location" may show DP1\Config which is the old location. Click the [Set to default] button to change this to DP2\Config
- For each configuration file, open it in the Configurator:
- If you have any HTML Snapshot Reports that save the report to a subfolder of DP1, change the report settings to write the report to DP2
- If you have any Scheduled Alarm Reports that save the report to a subfolder of DP1, change the report settings to write the report to DP2
- If you have any RSS Feeds that save the RSS feed file to a subfolder of DP1, change the RSS Feed settings to write the report to DP2
- If you have any WAV files present and referenced by configurations, ensure that those are still accessible because (for 6.34 and earlier) WAV files could exist outside the DataPath. We recommend moving any WAV files in use files to the DataPath\Sounds folder and updating configuration references to use them from within that DataPath folder.
- If you are running this configuration as a TopView Service:
- Select "Services" from the left menu.
- Verify that the Service settings are correct (Startup type, LogOn account) and click [Re-install].
- Verify that the configuration file listed for the Service is the one located in DP2
- Modify any desktop or start menu shortcuts that you may have created to launch the TopView engine. The launch string contains the location of the TopView configuration file (it should be changed to the DP2 location)
- Backup DP1 and remove the folder to prevent accidental usage of DP1
- Restart the TopView Engine(s) interactively or as Services based on how you have been running TopView before the move.
Move TopView to new computer
Moving TopView to a new machine will require a new license file. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your current license file to begin the process. To view the location of your current license file, run the TopView Configurator and select ...
Permissions error when launching TopView Configurator
Description Launching the TopView Configurator with a user account that may not have write permissions shows the following warning: This warning is the result of TopView detecting that it may not have write permissions to the TopView Data Path, where ...
Backing up TopView
How to backup TopView We suggest that you make periodic backups of the TopView configuration information and logs. You can perform this task while TopView is running. These instructions assume that you have the installation program available. ...
How to locate your TopView license file
Each TopView installation has a license file per data source (OPC, PI, ...) which was delivered with the product. The license file is usually stored locally in a location accessible to all users. During the installation the user stored the file and ...
How to apply or update a license in TopView
Updating your license If you upgrade your TopView license (increase tag count or add Remote Viewers) or purchase TopView, you will be sent a new license file. If you'd like to request an upgraded license, please use our license update request form. ...