Getting started with TopView
TopView is a sophisticated product with a lot of functionality.
Here's some of the best resources as you start with TopView:
- TopView on www.exele.com
- TopView product overview video
- TopView 101: An introduction to new users document
- Getting started videos playlist (find your data source), for different data sources: Getting started playlist on YouTube
If using SCADA Connect:
- The SCADA Connect Users Guide shows how to use SCADA Connect to import alarm configurations from your SCADA system into TopView
- The SCADA Connect YouTube playlist gives an overview of SCADA Connect and how to use it.
Windows patches and TopView
Windows patches affect TopView operation. To ensure TopView runs successfully after a Windows patch, we recommend the following during the patching process: Shut down TopView Engine services before Windows patches Apply the Windows patch After the ...
When do I need to restart a running TopView Engine?
Configuration settings and Global settings Global and configuration-specific settings, edited in the TopView Configurator application, determine the behavior of a running TopView Engine. By default, the running Engine automatically applies global ...
TopView Service won't start - Running a large number of services
This answer is also included in the documentation shipped with TopView. How many TopView Services can I run? When Microsoft Windows starts, it reserves various areas of memory for tracking its resources. One of these is the relatively unknown desktop ...
Request TopView upgrade
Request an upgrade Upgrades are available to anyone with an active support agreement, or after purchasing an upgraded license. Request an upgrade via our online upgrade request form. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an upgrade. Please ...
TopView and Virtual Machines
Virtual machines, or virtual servers, are commonly used by TopView customers. There are no known problems or issues running TopView on virtual computers/servers. The only limitation or potential problem may be the virtual machines ability to access ...