Cannot save due to validation issue: 'Persist disable/snooze" and/or 'Persist alarms' is enabled ... tag list must be unique or a unique RowUID specified for each tag/row
The TopView Configurator validates configurations for common issues before saving a configuration file. This validation issue occurs when "persistence" features are enabled and the row list is not unique by name or by RowUID.
The options with a uniqueness requirement are located in TopView Configurator > "Configuration Settings" > "Engine Settings" > "General" > "Behavior of TopView Engine" header.
This setting can only be used if one of the following is true:
There is a unique list of tag names in the monitored tag list
A Row UID is entered for all tags in the monitored tag list.
The validation warning is noting that row uniqueness is violated and TopView will not be able to correctly persist alarms if the save continues. You can fix this issue by identifying the duplicate tag and removing it, or by assigning RowUIDs to rows.
To detect the duplicate tag/row:
- Enable the "Occurrence" column for display. This column represents the number of times this particular row occurs in the monitored row list.
- Go to the Tags and Limits page
- Click the "Columns" toolbar button above the tag list > "Columns for Tag List" > enable the "Occurrence" column.
- This column will be named "Occur" in the tags and limits table
- Find rows that have an Occurrence value greater than 1.
- If you aren't sure where the first occurrence of a tag is, note the duplicate tag's name, then sort the table by tag name (click on the tag name column header) to find the row number.
Once you've identified which tag is a duplicate, you have two options given by the validation message, either:
- Remove one of the duplicate tags
- Specify RowUIDs for your tags:
- Highlight all the tags in your list, right-click, and use the "SET 'Use tag name as RowUID' for all tags" to set the RowUID for the selected tags.
- Or, to do this quickly in bulk: use the Export/Import functionality to do this via CSV. The export/import buttons can be found at the bottom of the tag and limits list.